Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Respect

Today, I met a friend for dinner. As we talked about stuffs and all, I began to see things on a different angle that I have never thought of. As we talked, I began to realize how true the saying – two sides of a coin – is.

It’s also weird how you can lose respect for someone which you have respected for years easily. Is it because it’s human nature to focus on weaknesses more than strength? Or is it because most people are afraid to be bitten twice?

For me, I think the more you see a person as being near to perfection, the more fragile your trust and respect to that person. Why is that so? Because nobody is perfect. The more you treat a person as perfect, the more fragile your trust and respect is.

What I do realize from our conversation is that it took so much effort and years to build trust and respect but only seconds to destroy them. These two things are so fragile and easily shaken. I guess in the midst of all these, forgiveness comes into the picture. In fragileness, forgiveness is the strength, in shakiness, forgiveness is the foundation. I pray that I will never forget forgiveness….

No comments: