Saturday, November 29, 2008

The wonders of rain

As I was writing a report on my couch, I could hear the sound of soft thunder outside. I looked out from the window and saw dark clouds floating in the air waiting for the right time to shower the earth beneath them. I can hear the howling of the wind getting louder and stronger. Raindrops started to fall, each drop a sound, making music of their own.

I put aside my laptop and walked towards the balcony. The pleasant sight of rain brings sense of calmness in my soul. The nice smell of rain brings freshness to my mind. As the rain cleanses the earth beneath it, I allow my troubles and hardships to wash down beneath me. I stood there, enduring every moment along the way. I love watching the rain, feeling it’s magic.

When the rain stopped, the earth is renewed once again. I feel I am renewed in mind and soul. A breath of fresh air, a new beginning, a new perspective, I love every part of it. It’s amazing to feel the wonders of rain.

No comments: